Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Twenty Ounces of Coffee

As I sit here drinking twenty ounces of a Starbucks mocha frap minus the whip cream, I figured I'd blog a few stories to keep those updated who live a distance away from me. So here comes the wonderful, caffeinated update.

Training at my new job is going really well. It's a ton of stuff to remember, and they use procedures I'm not quite used to, despite my past restaurant experience. But the people are nice and helpful, and by next week I should be opening by myself.
For those that don't know, my position is an opener. So I'm up at 4Am to get ready, and work from 5AM to either 10, or 1:30. I prefer this, because like today, I'm home by 10:30Am and ready to take on the rest of my day with coffee and soda by my side. Yeah, I'm in bed by 9 now, but I feel more productive throughout the day.

I'm really excited that my family will be coming down this Saturday to spend the day in Disneyland. I get to show them Buena Vista Street and Cars Land for the first time, along with Ghost Galaxy. Will I completely lose control and geek out? You betcha!

Things down here in the OC are going swell. I spend my free time in Disneyland, at the beach, Denny's with friends, or just wondering around town. Also hanging out with my bro or whoever else comes this way. There's so much to do, so much to see. Still really enjoying it, for the most part.

The fair started today. For those that don't know me- I grew up at the Kern County Fair. I raised sheep my whole life, and have entered countless exhibits. I haven't missed a fair in 15 years, and I don't plan to miss this one. Actually, I plan to take my girlfriend Danielle to the KCF and give her a tour. She has no idea what she's in for.

Other than that, this pretty much sums everything up for the moment. Oh, and I just finished my Starbucks. On to the soda I brought home from work!

2 comments: