Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Brothers

It's not often that you find friendships that last a lifetime. From my experiences, it's actually pretty rare. But a few short years ago this one guy came into my life, and changed quite a bit. Through a few strange coincidences, the "bro" term that guys call their best friends turned out to be quite literal. And the crazy times began.

But first, to step back in time to show how it began~


 Unfortunately, I can't screenshot images. And these turned out bad. But it's how we met online through a friend. Talking about Disney, of course!

After the friend requests were sent, and realizing we have some stuff in common, I asked Mr. Jake if he would mind filming my Christmas Light Show.



So our first official in-person meeting happened. Cool, a new friend, right?

We hung out a few times after, but it wasn't until the Fourth Of July that it all sorta came together. The realization that we, oddly enough, look alike. And get along too well. (Blowing stuff up of course, and talking about all things Disney. Not to mention the occasions where we finished each others sentences and could tell what we were thinking just by a glance.)

So our friendship grew to where we would hang out at each others places often. Which totally confused our parents and sisters, because they never knew which one of us walked by, or talked to them. In one case my sister started yelling at Jake, thinking she was talking to me. The great part of it is, whenever something liked this happened, we just played along with it. We now answer to either name.


But there was no greater confusion than working together at Chick-Fil-A.


Almost daily we were asked if we were twins. "Yeah, of course!" was our reply.


It became a joke in our families that somehow, we actually were related. (Who cheated on who? Still trying to figure that one out.)


What's crazy is, sometimes the same things happen to us on the same days. For example, we both got a speeding ticket 1 hour apart from each other. Just the twin in us, I guess.







So, let me get this straight... A best friend that looks like me, acts like me, has the same interests and passions, same goals, and same lifestyle? Something isn't adding up. We decided to dig in our family history a bit. What we found was crazy. See, it turns out that Jake's dad is from Denver, Colorado. My mom is from Denver, Colorado. For personal reasons I can't say much about my mom, but she has a brother around his dad's age that's "long lost" one could say, in a way. And we have relatives on both sides of our families with the last name "Holmes". A little strange, right? Whether we actually are related or not, we aren't friends. We are brothers and family to one another.







Happy 20th birthday to not only my best friend, but to my one and only brother. Our lives are just starting, and I know we'll be there for each other on every adventure thrown our way. Can't wait to see what the future holds for us! Love you man!






1 comment:

  1. hahahaha "BROOOOOOOOMANCE Nothin' really gay about it." Thanks man! It's been crazy the past few years how things have fallen into place, but I definitely couldn't ask for a better bro, considering the whole twin thing and all..haha this was a cool surprise to wake up to this morning. Thanks Bro!

    ReplyDelete